Happy holidays everyone!! In my opinion, this is the second best time of the year, (Halloween is the first best) which means it's time for so many fun drinks and recipes!
This week we are getting ready for our annual New Years trip to Newport, Rhode Island with our best friends. We started this tradition a few years ago, but this is the first year we've all rented a place together instead of staying at separate hotels. We rented a really nice apartment from the Newport Lofts - I'll post a review after our stay!
We are super excited to have a kitchen this year. We'll get to cook a lot of our own meals together instead of eating out all the time, which is going to be soooo nice. We are also going to have some drinks and apps before we go out for dinner on New Years Eve, so our priority today was to come up with a festive cocktail that all of us will enjoy!
After checking in with everyone, we found out that we all drink bourbon, so we started with bourbon as our base. What a perfect wintery spirit! After a little bit of experimenting, we came up with this lovely, festive bourbon drink. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
1-2 Rosemary Sprigs
1/2 a Lemon
1 tsp Sugar
3 oz Bourbon
1. In a shaker, muddle together 1 rosemary sprig, juice from half the lemon, and a tsp of sugar.
2. Add some ice, two shots of bourbon, and a few dashes of aromatic bitters to the shaker, and shake it all up.
3. Pour into two glasses over ice.
4. Top off with ginger ale (we love seagram's!)
5. Garnish with a small sprig of rosemary and a slice of lemon, and enjoy!!